Occupational Health and Safety Training Programme
Industrial Hygiene OHTA Module W-506
The aim of the w-506 course is to provide a broad predicated prelude to ergonomics principles and their application in the design of work, equipment and the workplace. Categorical consideration is given to musculoskeletal disorders, manual handling, ergonomic aspects of the environment, as well as to the convivial aspects and germane international standards.
- Describe and apply ergonomics principles to promote safety, health and productivity
- Outline the process of ergonomics risk assessments
- Explain the causes of upper limb disorders
- Examine workplace layout and equipment design according to ergonomics principles
- Identify environmental aspects of good ergonomic design
- Make cost effective ergonomic improvements
- All participants receive a “certificate of completion” upon completion of the course
(regardless of completion of the BOHS examination)
- Participants will receive a certificate from the BOHS after passing the exam
- Participants will earn 40 contact hours of formal industrial hygiene training which may be applicable towards qualification to sit for the Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) examination
If you have a group of six or more, then we can design a bespoke programme to meet your business needs, including a session’s pack with examples, models, user-driven content and custom case studies to suit your business objectives.